There are many reasons a donor chooses to make a planned gift:
- To leave gifts to an organization that has made a difference in their life
- To retain a stream of income for life for the donor or other beneficiaries
- To reduce income tax through a charitable deduction
- To avoid capital gains tax on a gift of long-term appreciated property
- To eliminate potential federal estate tax on property passing to charity at death
There are a variety of ways these types of gifts can help achieve a donor’s financial goals and also ensure the future of St. Mark’s Church and its ministries.